Indian women have always had a penchant for exquisite fabrics that exude elegance and grace. While silk sarees have been the epitome of sophistication, affordability and availability of the fabric have always been a concern. However, with changing times, women are now looking for different fabric sarees that are not only elegant but also easy on the pocket. Organza sarees, also known as Kora silk saree, is one such fabric that has gained immense popularity in recent times.
Organza silk sarees are crafted from a unique fabric that is lightweight, sheer and made from silk. This material has become a popular choice among Indian women who seek to put together a classy and elegant look for various occasions. The weaving process for organza fabric is quite cumbersome, making it a completely handwoven saree. To ensure variety, organza sarees are available in different types such as organza silk, printed organza and organza sarees with embroidery, catering to different occasions.
What Is Organza Silk Saree?
Organza, also known as Kora, has been considered one of the most beautiful fabrics for a long time. Its sheer and delicate texture is achieved through a plain weave, and the name “Organza” comes from the word “Organzine,” which refers to a strong silk material twisted into strands. Organza sarees, or Kora silk sarees, are known for their tensile strength and see-through texture due to their unique weave.
Crafted from the lightweight and sheer organza silk fabric, Organza silk sarees are favored by Indian women who wish to add a touch of elegance and class to their outfits. From traditional drapes to party wear, this saree material is versatile and can be worn on numerous occasions.
The trend of Organza sarees was popularized by Bollywood actresses in the mid-2000s, leading many people to search for “organza saree celebrity.” Its popularity continues to grow as more women seek to emulate the glamorous looks seen on the silver screen.
The Production Process of Organza Fabric
Organza fabric is a beautiful and delicate material that requires a cumbersome weaving process. Due to its intricate nature, a lot of effort goes into making an organza saree as it is completely handwoven. The process starts by producing filament fibers – long strands of silk. The two single fibers are then twisted together to form a yarn. However, before the yarns are woven into the fabric, they are treated with acid to increase the stiffness of the organza saree material.
After this, the yarns are handwoven together using the plain weave method, where the warps and wefts are woven in a criss-cross pattern in equal ratio sheer and gossamer fabric with a lustrous finish. Organza is skillfully handcrafted using silk, polyester, or nylon threads which contribute to the strength of this fabric. The quality of organza is determined by the number of holes per inch. The higher the number of holes, the finer the organza fabric.
Organza silk sarees appear delicate and smooth, but they are also very firm. Organza fabric is a work of art, and its quality is unparalleled. Its sheer and see-through texture, coupled with its strength, make it a popular choice among Indian women who look forward to putting together a classy and elegant look. Thus, making organza sarees a popular choice for numerous occasions, be it traditional drapes or party looks.
Types of Organza Sarees
- Organza Silk Sarees: These sarees are made from silk fabric and are popular for their casual yet rich look.
- Printed Organza Sarees: These sarees come in beautiful prints, florals, and stripes with a glossy finish, and are loved for their simplicity and classiness. They are suitable for everyday casual wear.
- Embroidered Organza Sarees: These sarees have intricate detailing designed by hand, with sequins, stones, and mirror work to enhance the overall look of the organza fabric.
- Woven Organza Sarees: These sarees are handwoven with vivid patterns that are carefully crafted, making them strong and stiff.
- Organza Tissue Sarees: These sarees have a delicate, tissue-like texture and fine prints or designs, making them perfect for formal and casual events.
- Fancy Organza Sarees: These sarees are custom-made with amazing designs and patterns for special occasions like weddings and festivities.
- Banarasi Organza Sarees: These sarees have rich zari work, similar to Banaras sarees, giving the wearer a sophisticated look, perfect for weddings and festive events.
- Kanchi Organza Sarees: These sarees are known for their simplicity and elegance, with distinct wide borders usually in silver or gold color, making them ideal for traditional occasions.
- Plain Organza Sarees: These sarees have a simple and urbane look, highly preferred by women for their comfort and effortless style.
- Organza Cotton Sarees: These sarees are made from natural cotton fabric, making them lightweight and perfect for everyday wear. They come in bright and beautiful shades.
Organza Sarees: Draping Tips and Blouse Pairings
For centuries, organza sarees have held a special place in women’s wardrobes, and their popularity endures even today. These sarees are more than just a piece of clothing – wearing an organza saree is a magical experience that brings out the feminine qualities of the wearer.
To look your best in an organza saree, it is important to drape it correctly. Due to its stiff fabric, the pleats should be wide enough to maintain a streamlined structure. When draped properly, the organza saree emanates beauty and charm. It is also recommended to leave the pallu to hang instead of pleating it, as the fabric is best appreciated in its natural form. Finally, pairing the saree with the right blouse is crucial to complete the look.
Elevate Your Style with Organza Sarees
Organza sarees offer a wide variety of designs and patterns, making them suitable for numerous occasions. Not only are there many options available in organza sarees, but they also add a unique style factor that has made them a timeless trend in the world of fashion. For the latest party-wear silk sarees that you need to add to your collection, click here.
If you’re looking to add some oomph to your style, organza sarees are the perfect choice. At Sanskriti Cuttack, we take pride in our authentic collection of organza sarees, including Woven Organza, Printed Organza, and Embroidered Organza, all hand-crafted with love. Shop for organza sarees on our website to enjoy the complete shopping experience.